The wiring in your building will deteriorate over time. Sometimes it’s just normal wear and tear; sometimes through accidental damage. Either way, your wiring, sockets and switches need to be checked on a regular basis to maintain safety for all your staff.
Electrical Safety Testing (EICR report) is the route to objectively and officially guaranteeing your wiring is in good order.
According to the charity Electrical Safety First, the main aims of Fixed Wire testing (an EICR report or electrical certificate) are:
- Record the inspection and testing results to ensure the electrical installation is safe until the next inspection is due (work may be required to make the installation safe)
- Uncover any wear and tear, or damage, that could affect safety, and report it
- Identify any areas of the electrical installation that fail to meet IET Wiring Regulations
- Look for anything that might cause electric shocks and/or high temperatures
- Provide a record of the electrical installation, an electrical safety certificate, at the time of the inspection that can be referred to in the future
We provide Electrical Safety Testing across cover Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Berkshire, Surrey, London, and Sussex.